Tuesday 29 October 2019

KORIE on " Hanging Out TV Show "

KORIE, an upcoming Nigerian AFRO - SOUL FUSION  artist, real name  KINDNESS OKORIE, in an exclusive interview with HANGING OUT TV SHOW on NTA 2 CHANNEL 5 with YBAREMU talked about her EP (Extended Playlist) titled “ THIS IS KORIE ” with a compilation of five songs namely; FEAR, FOE, MY LOVE WILL FIND YOU, CHANGE ME and IFE ( love ). The sensational songstress talked about the inspiration behind each of those songs and the message she has in them for her audience.

KORIE, age 21, a native of Imo State and a graduate of Economics has this to say:

The first track titled “FEAR” is an inspirational song that encourages one to keep moving forward despite all odds and fears, fighting your challenges in the appropriate way, with the best version of yourself in view. This is the kind of music you would like to listen or sing to yourself when you want to encourage yourself, a friend or you want to take that big risk. 

The second track titled “FOE” is about an enemy, who acts like a friend in disguise, someone you have good intentions for… But goes behind you, spreading hatred, dislikes or discord in people who have good intentions for/about you. A friendnemy in my word.

The third track titled “MY LOVE WILL FIND YOU” is basically about what you are passionate about. It could be music, drama, dance, art, technology or whatever it is for you. Personally, it is my love for music! Here, I talk about my pursuit for music as the love a Romeo (a man) has for a Juliet (a woman), with the promise that my love will find my Juliet wherever she is, or where she would lead me to, regardless. And that’s music for me… music is my love.

The fourth track titled “CHANGE ME”, talks about my resolution to change for the better; no matter how far I am from my ideal personality. I don’t want to be the same person people knew me to be. Like the saying, ‘The journey of a thousand miles starts with a step.’ Therefore, I use this song to invite friends (new or old), families and acquaintances, whosoever that wants a change, to join me in the journey to become a better version of ourselves. I want to roll with friends that are planning on being better. So let’s sing this song together.

The fifth track which is a bonus track is titled “IFE”. This song is about a person’s love for someone that is not accepting or recognizing the love…. A crush. Though, as difficult it is to accept the truth to move on, remember that for every love stories, there is seldom one that would turn out differently and unexpectedly, and maybe this one could be it… Maybe a little more persistent would make him/her reciprocate back. You never can tell! Enjoy the song!


Other questions and responses…

Who would you love to collaborate with ?
 I would love to work with H.E.R, Alicia Cara, Tori Kelly, AdeleASAJohnny Drille etc. However, I have a great eye for Tori Kelly.

Where would you love and aspired to perform ?
 At the Grammy'sBET's, 02's, HEADIES etc.

My message to people
In summary, my message to people is to see challenges as an opportunity to get stronger, relate my songs to their experiences, and in whatever positive way they interpret the lyrics of the songs to suit them, depending on how the songs has touched them. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biography Of KORIE

Kindness Okorie, better known by her stage name Korie, is a talented Nigerian artist born on June 13, 1998, in Lagos. Hailing fr...